Tips to deter theft include:
- Take note of strangers. Make eye contact and ask if you may assist them. Be particularly alert for loiterers during lunch hours.
- Verify the identification of service persons and do not release equipment without the authorization from management.
- Do not leave purses or other valuables on or near your desk. Keep these items locked inside a desk or cabinet.
- Keep blank checks and check protectors in a locking desk or filing cabinet.
- Immediately report all suspicious activity, persons and/or crimes to security at (503) 329-4063. Include your name, department, location, and a brief description of the situation. A site supervisor will respond and document as needed.
- If theft is of a significant value, notify and file a theft report with the police. The police non‐emergency number is (503) 823‐3333.